LDC-IL Odia Raw Text Corpus developed according to various factors such as quality of the text, representativeness, retrievable format, size of corpus.
Odia (formerly Oriya) is the official language of Odisha and Chhattisgarh and it belongs to the Indo-Aryan language family. Odia Raw Text Corpus encoded in a machine readable form and stored in a standard format. The all encoding being used is Unicode compatible and stored in XML format. The data is embedded with metadata information. The corpus has been created from contemporary text in typed method. The information about LDC-IL Odia Raw Text Corpus is given below:
- Total corpus size: 15,88,287 words
- Total number of titles : 206
- Total number of characters: 1,03,04,173
- Total number of domains :5 (Aesthetics, Commerce, Mass Media, Science & Technology and Social Science)
- Total number of subdomains: 32 (Autobiographies, Novel, Short-stories, Linguistics, Economics, History etc.)
Odia (formerly Oriya) is a major, Indo-Aryan language, which is spoken in the states of Odisha, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh. It is the official language of Odisha and Jharkhand. Odia is the sixth Classical Status Language as designated by the Govt. of India. LDC-IL Odia Raw Text Corpus developed according to various factors such as quality of the text, representativeness, retrievable format, size of corpus, authenticity etc.. The corpus of Odia raw text can be generally classified as literary and non- literary texts. Huge amount of literary texts are available in Odia but knowledge/scientific texts are less thus LDC-IL attempted to develop balanced raw text corpora of Odia. Data has been collected from books and newspaper and it is verified to true to the original texts. More detailed information is available in the ‘Odia Raw Text Corpus’ documentation.
A much more detailed explanation of the Odia Raw Text Corpus will be available in the Odia Text Corpus Documentation.
For any research based citations, please use the following citations:
- Ramamoorthy, L., Narayan Choudhary, Raja Kumar Naik, Pramod Kumar Rout, Kshirod Kumar Das & Santosh Kumar Mohanty. 2019. A Gold Standard Odia Raw Text Corpus. Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore.
- Choudhary, Narayan & L. Ramamoorthy. 2019. "LDC-IL Raw Text Corpora: An Overview" in Linguistic Resources for AI/NLP in Indian Languages, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore. pp. 1-10.
- Authors Ramamoorthy L., Narayan Choudhary, Santosh Kumar Mohanty, Raja Kumar Naik, Pramod Kumar Rout, Kshirod Kumar Das,
- Corpus Type Raw Corpus
- Catalogue Number 1159
- ISBN 978-81-7343-258-3
- Data Source Typed+Cleaned
- Character Count 10304173
- Word Count 1588287
- Release Date 04/04/2019
- Terms and Conditions General instructions for use of the resources provided by LDC-IL.