87:14:44 hours of 56.5 Gigabytes speech data | 350 Speakers | 48975 Audio segments | 48 kHz | 16 bit wav |
Nepali belongs to the Indo-Aryan language family. Nepali is the official language of Nepal and Indian State of West Bengal and Sikkim, and spoken in the states of Uttharakhand, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram and Bihar, and as well as in other countries like Myanmar, Bhutan etc. It is written in Devanagari script.
The LDC-IL Nepali speech data is collected from the regions of Darjeeling, Assam and Dehradun, from both the genders and different age group. The LDC-IL Nepali Speech data set consists of different types of datasets that are made up of word lists, sentences, running texts and date formats.
The available Nepali Speech Corpus details are as follows.
- Total Speakers - 350 (187 Female and 163 Male)
- Contemporary Text (News) - 343 Audio Segments - 14:33:19 hours
- Creative Text -341 Audio Segments - 19:46:34 hours
- Sentence - 8583 Audio Segments - 13:45:34 hours
- Date - 1029 Audio Segments - 0:57:20 hours
- Command and Control Words - 10308 Audio Segments - 8:44:19 hours
- Person Name - 6878 Audio Segments - 9:15:04 hours
- Place Name - 3398 Audio Segments - 3:20:06 hours
- Most Frequent Word-Part - 10292 Audio Segments - 8:51:06 hours
- Most Frequent Word-Full Set - 2994 Audio Segments - 3:41:39 hours
- Phonetically Balanced - 3321 Audio Segments - 3:00:08 hours
- Form and Function Word - 1488 Audio Segments - 1:19:35 hours
A much more detailed explanation of the Nepali Speech Corpus will be available in the Nepali Speech Data Documentation.
For any research based citations, please use the following citations:
- Ramamoorthy, L., Narayan Choudhary, Samar Sinha, Jeena Rai, Umesh Chamling Rai & Rupesh Rai. 2019. Nepali Raw Speech Corpus. Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore.
- Choudhary, Narayan, Rajesha N., Manasa G. & L. Ramamoorthy. 2019. “LDC-IL Raw Speech Corpora: ” in Linguistic Resources for AI/NLP in Indian Languages. Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore. pp. 160-174.
- Authors Ramamoorthy L., Narayan Choudhary, Umesh Chamling Rai, Rupesh Rai, Samar Sinha, Jeena Rai
- Corpus Type Raw Corpus
- Catalogue Number 1156
- ISBN 978-81-7343-255-2
- Data Source On Field
- Duration 87:14:44
- # of Audio Segments 48975
- Release Date 04/04/2019
- Terms and Conditions General instructions for use of the resources provided by LDC-IL.