Unicode Standard Bodo text Corpus of 29, 15,544 words | 80Titles |Data and Metadata in XML format | 5 text domains
Bodo is a major tribal language which belongs to Tibeto-Burman language family. Bodo language is spoken in Assam and other parts of North-East India. The Bodo language is one of major language of Assam and official language in the Bodoland Territorial Area Districts. Several rivers like Dihing, Dibru, Dihong, Dikrai etc. in the North-East region was termed after some Bodo words which reveals the three-dimensional distribution arrangement of connected ethno-cultural groups with then cultural personae and occurrence.
Bodo is written in Devanagari. The Bodo text corpus is extracted from contemporary text sources. LDC-IL Bodo Text Corpus developed according to various factors such as quality of the text, representativeness, retrievable format, size of corpus, authenticity etc. For collecting text corpus LDC-IL adopts a standard category list of various domains and a prior set of criteria. Bodo text corpus is collected from various libraries in Assam mostly from Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa, Udalguri and Guwahati. LDC-IL attempts to develop balanced text corpora of Bodo. Data has been collected from books, magazines and newspapers and it is verified true to the original text.
The available Text Corpus Details:
- Aesthetics : 474960 words : 16.29% Corpus
- Commerce : 25064 words : 0.86% Corpus
- Mass Media : 1679511 words : 57.61% Corpus
- Science and Technology : 172151 words : 5.90% Corpus
- Social Sciences : 563858 words : 19.34% Corpus
For any research based citations, please use the following citations:
- Ramamoorthy, L., Narayan Choudhary, Bridul Basumatary & Farson Daimary. 2019. A Gold Standard Bodo Raw Text Corpus. Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore.
- Choudhary, Narayan & L. Ramamoorthy. 2019. "LDC-IL Raw Text Corpora: An Overview" in Linguistic Resources for AI/NLP in Indian Languages, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore. pp. 1-10.
- Authors Ramamoorthy L., Narayan Choudhary, Bridul Basumatary, Farson Daimary
- Corpus Type Raw Corpus
- Catalogue Number 1110
- ISBN 978-81-7343-209-5
- Data Source Typed+Cleaned
- Character Count 21344814
- Word Count 2915544
- Release Date 04/04/2019
- Terms and Conditions General instructions for use of the resources provided by LDC-IL.