Gujarati is a major, Indo-Aryan language and the administrative language of Gujarat, Union territories of Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
Gujarati is a major, Indo-Aryan language and the administrative language of Gujarat, Union territories of Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli. Gujarati Raw Text Corpus encoded in a machine readable form and stored in a standard format. The all encoding being used is Unicode compatible and stored in XML format. The data is embedded with metadata information. The corpus has been created from contemporary text in typed method. The information about LDC-IL Gujarati Raw Text Corpus is given below:
- Total corpus size: 28,62,413 words
- Total number of titles : 1,369
- Total number of characters: 1,71,69,357
- Total number of domains : 6 (Aesthetics, Commerce, Mass Media, Official Document, Science & Technology and Social Science).
- Total number of subdomains: 76 (Autobiographies, Novel, Short-stories, Linguistics, Mythology, Mathematics, Zoology and Economics etc.)
Gujarati is a major, Indo-Aryan language and the administrative language of Gujarat, Union territories of Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli. LDC-IL Gujarati Raw Text Corpus developed according to various factors such as quality of the text, representativeness, retrievable format, size of corpus, authenticity etc. The corpus of Gujarati raw text can be generally classified as literary and non-literary texts. Huge amount of literary texts are available in Gujarati but knowledge/scientific texts are less thus LDC-IL attempted to develop balanced text corpora of Gujarati. Data has been collected from books and newspapers and it is verified to true to the original texts.
More detailed information is available in the ‘Gujarati Raw Text Corpus’ documentation.
For any research based citations, please use the following citations:
- Ramamoorthy, L., Narayan Choudhary, Mona Parakh, Purva S Dholakia., Gadhavi R Hiren & Maheshkumar R Solanki. 2019. A Gold Standard Gujarati Raw Text Corpus. Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore.
- Choudhary, Narayan & L. Ramamoorthy. 2019. "LDC-IL Raw Text Corpora: An Overview" in Linguistic Resources for AI/NLP in Indian Languages, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore. pp. 1-10.
- Authors Ramamoorthy L., Narayan Choudhary, Mona Parakh, Purva S Dholakia, Hiren Gadhavi R, Solanki Maheshkumar R
- Corpus Type Raw Corpus
- Catalogue Number 1115
- ISBN 978-81-7343-214-9
- Data Source Typed+Cleaned
- Character Count 17169357
- Word Count 2862413
- Release Date 04/04/2019
- Terms and Conditions General instructions for use of the resources provided by LDC-IL.