Maithili Raw Text Corpus encoded in a machine readable form and stored in a standard format.
Maithili is an Indio-Aryan language, a direct descendent of Sanskrit, which is spoken in the states of South Bihar and Nepal. LDC-IL Maithili Raw Text Corpus developed according to various factors such as quality of the text, representativeness, retrievable format, size of corpus, authenticity etc. For collecting text corpus LDC-IL adopts a standard category list of various domains and a prior set of criteria. The corpus of Maithili text can be broadly classified as literary and non-literary texts. Huge amount of literary texts are available in Maithili but scientific texts are less thus LDC-IL attempts to develop balanced text corpora of Maithili. Data has been collected from books, magazines and newspapers and it is verified true to the original texts then warehoused.
Raw Text Corpus encoded in a machine readable form and stored in a standard format.
The major encoding being used is Unicode and stored in XML format. The data is embedded
with metadata information. The corpus has been created from contemporary text
in typed methods. LDC-IL Maithili Raw Text
Corpus size is 5,316,552 words drawn from 499 different titles. The six major
domains are Aesthetics, Commerce, Official Documents, Social Sciences, Mass
Media and Science & Technology.
A much more detailed explanation of the Maithili Raw Text Corpus will be available in the Maithili Text Corpus Documentation.
For any research based citations, please use the following citations:
- Ramamoorthy, L., Narayan Choudhary, Arun Kumar Singh & Dinesh Mishra. 2019. A Gold Standard Maithili Raw Text Corpus. Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore.
- Choudhary, Narayan & L. Ramamoorthy. 2019. "LDC-IL Raw Text Corpora: An Overview" in Linguistic Resources for AI/NLP in Indian Languages, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore. pp. 1-10.
- Authors Ramamoorthy L., Narayan Choudhary, Dinesh Mishra, Arun Kumar Singh, Atuleshwar Jha
- Corpus Type Raw Corpus
- Catalogue Number 1137
- ISBN 978-81-7343-236-1
- Data Source Typed+Cleaned
- Character Count 2965894
- Word Count 5316552
- Release Date 04/04/2019
- Terms and Conditions General instructions for use of the resources provided by LDC-IL.