Punjabi is the principal and administrative language of Punjab.
Punjabi Text Corpus encoded in a machine readable form and stored in a standard format. The major encoding being used is Unicode and stored in XML format. The data is embedded with metadata information. The corpus has been created from contemporary text in typed and crawled methods. LDC-IL Punjabi Text Corpus size is 1,01,25,770 words drawn from 2,470 different titles. The five major domains are Aesthetics, Science & Technology, Social Science, Commerce and Mass Media.
Punjabi is the principal and administrative language of Punjab. Punjabi is not only spoken in Punjab in India it is also a language of Lehnda Punjab in Pakistan. Punjabi is an Indo-Aryan language.This same Punjabi language is being written in two epigraphs,in Gurmukhi script and Shahmukhi script. In our Eastern Punjab it is being used in Gurmukhi and Lehnda Punjab (Pakistan) using Shahmukhi script.
Punjabi is written in Shahmukhi scripts as well. ‘Shahmukhi’ is a variant of ‘Perso-Arabic’ script.But LDC-IL Punjabi text corpus is collected in Gurmukhi script for contemporary usage.
More detailed explanation of the Punjabi Text Corpus will be available in the Punjabi Raw Text Corpus Documentation.
For any research based citations, please use the following citations:
- Ramamoorthy, L., Narayan Choudhary, Poonam Dhillon, Sarbjeet Kaur & Sandeep Singh. 2019. A Gold Standard Punjabi Raw Text Corpus. Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore.
- Choudhary, Narayan & L. Ramamoorthy. 2019. "LDC-IL Raw Text Corpora: An Overview" in Linguistic Resources for AI/NLP in Indian Languages, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore. pp. 1-10.
- Authors Ramamoorthy L., Narayan Choudhary, Poonam Dhillon, Sarbjeet Kaur, Sandeep Singh
- Corpus Type Raw Corpus
- Catalogue Number 1163
- ISBN 978-81-7343-262-0
- Data Source Typed+Cleaned, Crawled
- Character Count 50824349
- Word Count 10125770
- Release Date 04/04/2019
- Terms and Conditions General instructions for use of the resources provided by LDC-IL.